Bosh, being one of the biggest names in power tools expanded their scope to grinders and we’re all thankful they did. Over the years, we’ve seen impressive tools introduced by one of the biggest names in the business and bringing years of experience and superior craftsmanship to angle grinders helped them introduce some of the most impressive models out there.
You know what you’re getting with a Bosh Angle Grinder which leads us into our next review. These grinders have been proven to deliver everything a consumer needs to see including ease of use, efficient power output, and feature rich tools that ultimately means superior results. These angle grinders are among the best of the best which is no wonder why this brand is one of the most recognized names out there.
This review showcases the Best Bosch Angle Grinders in 2018 while detailing what you and I look for the most.
|Image||Product||Size||Price||Rating||Buy on Amazon|
|Bosch 1853-5 7-Inch/9-Inch Large Angle Sander||7-inch||$$$||10.0|
|Bosch GWS10-45P 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Paddle Switch||4 1/2-inch||$$||8.7|
|Bosch GWS13-50VS 5-Inch High-Performance Angle Grinder||5-inch||$$$||8.5|
|Bosch 1375A 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder||4 1/2-inch||$$||8.5|
|Bosch GWS10-45 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder||4 1/2-inch||$$||8.1|
|Bosch GWS13-50VSP 5-Inch Angle Grinder Variable Speed with Paddle Switch||5-inch||$$$||8.1|
|Bosch GWS9-45 4-1/2-Inch Small Angle Grinder||4 1/2-inch||$$||7.9|
|Bosch 1772-6 7-Inch Angle Grinder||7-inch||$$$||7.8|
|Bosch GWS13-60 6-Inch High-Performance Angle Grinder||6-inch||$$$||7.8|
|Bosch AG40-85P 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with Paddle Switch||4 1/2-inch||$$||7.8|
- Ergonomically designed
- 15000 rpm powered motor
- Lock-on/off switch for regulation
- Rotating handle design for ease and accessibility
- Armature winding for preventative maintenance
- Can be slightly heavy to carry
Claiming the top spots is one of the most versatile angle grinder/sanders out there. This model scores a perfect 10 out of 10 and has boasts a perfect 5-star Amazon consumer rating. If you’re looking for style that outperforms the competition and won’t cost you a fortune to get it, then this is it. Highlighted by 15-amps of power which delivers a robust 5,000 RPM you’ll find there’s no project too large to handle.
This Bosch angle grinder is second to none when it comes to standard features including a vibration control slide in both handles. This leads to a vibration free operation and has shown to reduce vibration by up to 60%. This significantly outperforms the competition and gives you a lock on/off switch, ACDC power adaption and a metal gear cover for superior durability.
- Paddle switch – provides for multiple, comfortable grip positions
- Powerful motor – 10 amps and 11,500 rpm
- Carbon brushes – more durable than previous-generation brushes
- Direct-motor cooling for higher overload capabilities
- Button/latch that allows the grinder wheel guard swivel or is removed is very tight
The 2nd best Bosch Angle grinder this year is this 4 ½-inch model which is efficient, simple to use and offers a paddle switch for convenience. This grinder offers numerous comfort positions and with the paddle switch makes for a swift and simple operation. Bosh made usability easier than ever and delivers superior power for the price with a 10-amp motor delivering 11,500 rpm.
The Bosch GWS10 is an extreme value coming in around $100. Bosch proves once again that performance doesn’t have to cost a fortune with this grinder which also adds in carbon brushes which are significantly stronger than the previous generation brushes. Comfort is also improved with a with a vibration control side handle that can be mounted in two different positions.
- Higher, adjustable speed
- Easier to clean
- Portable and easier to carry
- Powerful working motor
- Simple in design and usage
- On and off switch is harder to press
- Accumulation of sawdust in the switch
The 3rd option in this review is a 5-inch model and delivers high-performance at every turn. Scoring a 8.5 out of 10, this grinder outperforms the competition with its powerful 13-amp motor giving you 11,500 rpm. The variable speed control allows you to dial in precise speeds to match any application ranging from 2,800 rpm to 11,500 rpm.
The Bosch 50VS features higher overload capabilities with carbon brushes which is better than previous generation models. Also notable is constant electric technology which provide a stable operating pattern with consistent power and speed under no load.
- Powerful 6.0-amp motor – 11,000 no load rpm for professional cutting and grinding applications.
- Lock-on slide switch for extended use application.
- Compact, light grinder- weighs in at only 3.75 Lbs.
- Versatile 5/8 In. to 11-inch spindle- works with a wide array of sizes
- Burst protection guard – for additional user security
- Makes an irregular noise
- Due to its size, deep cuts can be challenging
For those looking for a cheap Bosh angle grinder, then considering the 4th option in this review is a must. This is probably the best bargain in this review coming in around $50 and giving you solid performance with a 6-amp motor delivering no load 11,000. This grinder can handle a wide array of projects and is highly recommended for DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike.
The Bosch 1375A is a great option and is highlighted by a lightweight, compact design. While not as durable as most, it will still last for years if taken care of properly. Included is a Service Minder Brush System which tells you when the tool needs to be serviced and a handle that can be mounted in two different positions which maximizes user comfort.
- Durable, reliable and longer-lasting
- Easy adjustment of spindle lock providing ease
- Direct-motor cooling mechanism prevents overheating and damage to the motor
- Delivers high power and speed
- Has a tool-less adjustable guard
- Might be considered heavy to hold
Bosch kept it simple with this angle grinder which comes in with a 4 ½-inch disc. Its ease of use and vibration free operation makes it popular among enthusiasts and delivers superior quality which we’ve come to expect from all Bosch power tools. Delivering 11,500 rpm through its 11-amp motor assures plenty of power for all types of sanding, grinding and polishing projects.
The GWS10-45 is affordably priced and gives you a whole lot of tool for the money. Standout features include carbon brushes, direct motor cooling which helps minimize overheating and great comfort with a side handle that can be mounted on either side with a vibration control.
- Paddle switch provides for multiple, comfortable grip positions
- Powerful motor - 13 amps and up to 11,500 rpm
- Variable-speed setting - 2,800 rpm to 11,500 rpm - to match speed application
- Carbon brushes - more durable than previous-generation brushes
- Direct-motor cooling for higher overload capabilities
- Paddle trigger and lock are difficult to engage with
- Long, unbalanced
Another great Bosch angle grinder this year is this variable speed model which also includes a paddle switch. Scoring an 8.1 out of 10 and coming in with all-positive reviews, this affordable model is perfect for grinding, polishing, sanding and sharpening. The variable speed capability allows you to choose the speed you need giving you 2,800 rpm to 11,500 rpm.
This 5-inch grinder features a large surface area meaning less time on task. Highlighted by Bosch’s patented features including carbon brushes which is an upgrade from former models, direct motor cooling which minimizes overheating and 13-amp motor and a paddle switch along with a few comfort user defined comfort positions.
- Portable and lighter in weight to carry
- A dust filtration system installed
- A two-position side handle for better control
- Convenient design with slim grip design providing more ease
- Longer lasting carbon brushes
- Gear case on the grinder heats up quickly
Scoring a 7.9 out of 10 is this small angle grinder which comes in with a 4 ½-inch disc. It is available in two models with different price points with a dust collection system and one without. The dust collection system isn’t perfect, but it does do what it suggests and keeps the work area clean, especially when working in a low-ventilated area.
The Bosch GWS9-45 is an efficient model powered by an 8.5-amp motor perfect for lite or mid-grade projects. The motor delivers 11,000 rpm consistently and includes direct motor cooling, upgraded carbon brushes, and a large spindle look that doesn’t require tools.
- Provision of a tri control switch
- Service minder brushes to clean the grinder and help in preventative preservation.
- Large spindle lock
- The overall size is compact
- Ideal weight-to-class ratio
- Can be noisy
- Can be difficult to carry even with a compact size
If you’re looking for a large Bosch angle grinder, then this 7-inch model is it. Scoring a 7.8 out of 10 shows its not perfect, but it’s perfect for those looking to be more productive in the workshop and still not having to shell out a fortune. Bosch has become one of the industry leaders in affordable power tools and this grinder is another example why.
The Bosch 1772-6 features a best-in-class power to weight distribution which helped make it extremely popular. Delivering sheer power with its 3HP motor you’ll be hard-pressed to find something more powerful, all-while remaining compact and lightweight. Highlight features include a Burst Wheel Resistant Guard and a tri-lock control switch which help prevent accidental starts while changing out the disc.
- Perpetual electronic circuitry
- Durable carbon brushes
- Provides direct air flow
- Two position Vibration Control Side Handle
- Acceleration sensory constituent
- Requires a solid casing for protection of exterior
For a high-performance grinder, this 6-inch Bosch is certainly it. Giving you, the best of all worlds including power, size, weight and performance without breaking the bank is the Bosch GWS13-60 which delivers 13-amps of power and 9,300 rpm. The efficient power output is one of Bosch’s finest qualities as they’ve learned how to maximize resources seen in every power tool.
This 6-inch model features improved comfort with a side handle that can be moved to suit left and right-handed users and boasts a comfort grip which helps minimize any vibration. Also, the motor features direct cooling which minimizes any overheating risk and there’s Constant electronics technology built-in which evenly disperses power under no load.
- The motor is extremely powerful, aiding in the overall functionality and efficiency
- More durable carbon brushes
- Dust protection tool free guard
- Large spindle lock
- 2 positioned side handle to provide control and feasibility
- Lacks a solid external casing for outward protection
- Is hefty in weight
Finishing out this review is another affordable Bosch 4-inch angle grinder which is highlighted by an easy to use, safer operation thanks to the onboard paddle switch. The switch makes it easier and safer to change out the disc which lock/unlocks the trigger in place to prevent accidental starts. That’s not all, you’ll get great speed to 1,500 RPM Motor with the 8.4-amp motor.
The Bosch AG40-85P grinder is available with or without the paddle switch giving you two prices to choose from, but both options are affordably priced. Highlight features include service minder brushes which automatically stops the grinder when the brushes need to be replaced helping minimizes any unnecessary wear and tear.
Hopefully after reading the above review you have a fair understanding of what makes these Bosch angle grinders the best models in 2018. If you have anything to add or have any further questions, you can leave us a comment below and we’ll respond accordingly.